ooops..just scraped in..it's midnight as I type this and I tried DESPERATELY to get a happy birthday post in on Debbie's actual birthday - Anzac Day 25 April.. But Typepad hasn't been playing fair for the last little while and I couldn't post anything! So frustrating..
Anyway, Happy Birthday to my sister Debbie:)
I whipped this birthday card up today for Debbie..here's how I made it..
1. I started with the photo of Debbie which I printed out at home. I grabbed some sandpaper and scrubbed away the background. The sandpaper was very coarse so that made it easier.
2. I had a scrappy strip of patterned paper on my desk which measured 9x28cm and this was perfect for the card size I wanted. And I folded that in half..
3. My photo measures 2.5x3.5inches. I used torn strips of masking tape, top and bottom, to attach the photo to the front of the card. I kept the advertising barcode on my patterned paper background to add some interest.
4. I cut a strip of scalloped edged felt and used double sided tape to secure that felt strip to the left hand side of the photo.
5. I had this wavy, thin strip of patterned spotty paper sitting on my desk, so I stapled that in place as shown OVER the red felt. And popped on an October Afternoon round circle sticker.
6. And that DATE sticker was crying out for a date to be stamped there. Ooops ..I smudged the "2009"...
7. Not to worry. I restamped the "2009" onto white cardstock, cut it out and added it in...fixed.
8. Now, this photo of Debbie was certainly needing a festive party hat. I cut this from book paper and popped it on...
9. And a party hat is not complete without a pom pom top.
10. I added in some letter stickers...ooops more smudging. I didn't have much luck with my date stamping that's for sure..Oh well..it's a design feature:)
11. And I finished with some teeny, tiny letter stickers for my birthday greeting...
and some machine stitching.
and my card for Debbie is all complete...
Hope she likes it!
Happy birthday Debbie:)