Capri had a little candle mishap the other day. She was moritifed when she realised the candle she had lit in my beloved Dusk lantern (a gift from my sister), on our dining table had been left burning too long.
Luckily Jamison had discovered the mess of melted wax all over the dining table, seeping out from the lantern door and we caught it before anything went up in smoke as the candle was still burning and getting a little out of control..
Unfortunately my poor old lantern suffered smoke damage (but was easily cleaned) and one of the glass sides cracked and I had to remove the glass and the candle wax stained the timber of the lantern base as well. Plus my lovely Dusk candle Brandt had given me for that lantern was all melted down and not able to be used again. Sob. Sob.
I managed to salvage all these little bits of wax, peeling them off my dining table runner and then wondered what I could do with them. They smelt too good to just throw out.
I have plans of maybe melting them down and making some small candles but in the meantime, I am just enjoying their scent in our loungeroom every time I walk past the little bowl of wax bits!
And Capri has vowed she will NEVER light another candle ever again!!!