Lately I’ve been hand stitching hexagons and doing a little crochet…both perfect ‘on the couch’ projects that I love to do.
2. Is there a craft you would like to try?
I’ve always wanted to try quilting and I’ve recently started on my first ever quilt. It’s a simple design but I’m learning a lot along the way!
3. What's your earliest crafty memory?
I think it would be making my own Barbie clothes out of scraps of fabric and old t-shirts.
4. Have you always been crafty?
Definitely! As a little girl I loved playing with a toy sewing machine that I got for Christmas one year…and I’ve tried a few different crafts since then.
5. What other crafts have you dabbled in?
I did cross-stitch for years before I discovered scrapbooking but I’ve also had fun with tapestry, embroidery, sewing, knitting and crochet.
6. Do you consider yourself arty or crafty or a bit of both?
I don’t think I’m very arty so I’d have to go with crafty.
7. Where do you get your craftiness from? Does it run in the family or are you the only crafty person in your family?
I remember both my Nannas creating the most beautiful crochet blankets, doilies, etc. My Mum has always sewed and now loves stamping and dabbles in scrapbooking too.
8. Finish this sentence.."I am most happy surrounded by...."
...family, friends and something crafty to work on.
9. What crafty or arty projects are you working on right now?
I’ve got a few things on the go at the moment…crochet squares for a blanket, my first ever quilt and I’ve got an unfinished scrapbook page sitting on my desk.
10. Who would you love to sit and chat and create with ..if you could choose three people?
Oooh that’s a hard one! I always love a good chat and craft session with my close friend Melanie, but there’s quite a few online friends I’d love to catch up with again or finally meet in person. I don’t think I could narrow it down to only three!
Here's a peek at Sheree's FIRST ever quilt..beautiful!!