Brandt turned 21.
And we had a mega party at Soho on Darby! Was huge. And fun. Note to self, don't wear new platform ankle boots to an event without wearing them in first. My feet were in total agony by the end of the night!
More photos etc later but for now, here's the DVD I made for Brandt which we played after the speeches and cake cutting! It's a glimpse into the last 21 years in our family and has video footage from over the years and photos etc and I thought I would add it here for some of the family who didn't make it to the party as well as family and friends who want to watch it again...and any other readers who may be interested..
Take particular note:
- it's worth watching the whole thing just to see the "family bloopers" at the end of the video! The two old dudes are my dad and my uncle!
- Jamison did not really have a mullet haircut when he was about 6 - he's wearing one of my mums wigs, although he said he might grow a mullet after watching this DVD *joking*
- thank you to my cousins and their kids, aunties and my mum for their lover-ly rendition of happy birthday at the end of the video. Take special note of my cousin Jodi (on the left) and her very special dance moves!
- warning - really bad early 90's hair styles!
- I left out one of the most important tv shows from Brandt's childhood - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles! Cowabunga dude!
- In the blink of an eye, that teeny tiny baby is a grown up. It does my head in!
- I love that I had so much video footage and photos for this little DVD!