Well another Christmas has been and gone in a wink of an eye.
Despite the kids getting older, theres still that Christmas magic in the air thankfully, including Capri "keeping the dream alive" by leaving Santa a letter, some rum balls, a carrot and a bottle of beer and Brandt declaring the day before Christmas that he just HAD to tell me one of the presents he had bought me because he couldn't wait until Christmas morning!
Highlights from Christmas Eve, morning and lunch:
- a special appearance from four Santas who entertained us to the tunes of Hi 5's Santa Claus is Coming.
- it takes four hours to wrap presents and about 20 minutes to open them!
- our kids still love Christmas, regardless of their age.
- be careful what you mention in the lead up to Christmas Day. I mentioned I needed to get some sanding blocks for a table I was restoring. Lo and behold.. I unwrapped a set of four sanding pads from Ken.
- I loved Capri's special permanent marker messages on her gifts she had wrapped.
- yes, I have a half painted wall in the front loungeroom. I've finally decided on the colour and while the rest of the room is done, one wall still has escaped my attention! It's on my to do list.
- some family members are getting better at being obliging when the camera comes out. Others are still really bad at it!Not mentioning names but it's all the people starting with J.
- I loved how the kids all chose presents for each other this year - with a lot of thought and effort. They did a great job!
- I loved all of my presents. From everyone! Every single one.
- Christmas went by so fast! My head is still spinning. Where did December go.